Grey Hair! There's something about it that makes people feel old and unattractive. We often associate grey hair with ageing, but this is not always the case. Our hair can turn grey due to a number of factors such as genetics, our environment, stress levels, or even the wrong diet and certain lifestyle choices. Some people start getting grey hair as early as in their late twenties. Hair loss can be due to many reasons, but there are some things you can do to reduce the chances. Our blog post will discuss 9 top reasons why your hair might be turning grey early and how you can prevent this from happening too soon.
- Hair dye: Hair can turn grey due to exposure to chemicals and the artificial colours contained in hair dyes. These are often made from harsh synthetic color pigments that have been linked to cancer. Exposure to these chemicals could cause the hair follicle cells around the root of your hair, especially around the temples, to break down the natural pigments and over time to stop producing melatonin, leading the hair towards greying before it is supposed to. Switching back from chemically laden products to more natural ones, may help slow down the ageing process by prolonging the life of healthy hair follicles.
- Stressful lifestyle: A stressful lifestyle increases the levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) in our bodies - namely through chronic dehydration and an increase in blood sugar levels. Cortisol is a natural part of breaking down protein and is used for providing energy when we are stressed. However, this process can also cause the hair follicles to prematurely break down the pigment responsible for our natural hair color, leading towards greying before its time.
- Hair care: Hair treatments like bleach and dye are common culprits in premature greying because they contain harsh synthetic pigments that have been linked to cancer.
- Diet: Certain foods may increase levels of hydrogen peroxide. Having excess hydrogen peroxide in the body might damage cell structures within the hair follicles, causing them to die off prematurely and leading the hair towards early greying.
- Genes: Our genes determine how quickly or slowly our body will metabolise melanin in the hair. Besides this, our hair and skin color are also inherited traits that can lead either to grey hair early, or in some people much later in life, however, this is not always the case.
- Hormones: Hair loss may also often be due to hormonal fluctuations such as the lack of estrogen or testosterone, which can cause an increase in DHT (dihydrotestosterone), a hormone linked to male pattern baldness). This will result in the more rapid aging of cells within the follicles, leading towards premature greying.
- Lifestyle choices: An unhealthy lifestyle with little physical activity and poor dietary habits could have quite substantial negative effects on the body's ability to process nutrients from food, which may lead to experiencing early greying much faster then expected due to the lack of vital nutrients that are necessary for metabolic function.
- Stress levels: Hair loss may be due to high stress levels, which in turn might increase cortisol production from the adrenal gland with the result of more rapid aging of cells within the hair follicles that lead towards greying of the hair before its normal time.
- Genetics: Hair may prematurely turn grey due to a genetically inherited trait. Excessive body hair and skin color are also gene related and could lead to premature greying. However, this isn't always the case.
A good quality hair loss treatment will help to increase blood circulation on the scalp to support natural healthy hair regrowth and the prevention of early greying. Purely Essential Revive & Thrive Hair Spritz is such a high quality and entirely natural hair loss treatment that is revolutionary in the way that it is a 3-in 1 solution that provides the hair follicles with all the nutrients necessary for a natural and strong healthy hair cycle.
A high-stress lifestyle increases levels of cortisol within our bodies, leading towards early grey hair. Cortisol is a natural by-product of breaking down protein for energy release when stressed, but at the same rate it will break down hair cell structures as well. Hair dye may be equally a culprit when it comes down to premature greying. They contain harsh synthetic pigments that can break down follicle cells more rapidly, especially around the temples, leading to male pattern baldness. The good news is, if and when we implement some lifestyle changes within our day-to day habits, it will slow down the aging process of the hair and helps to retain our natural hair color and hair strength for longer. To learn more about this amazing product please click here: Purely Essential Revive & Thrive Hair Spritz, Hair Loss Treatment
The natural ageing process can take its toll on our hair and many people are noticing that their locks are turning grey and dull before their time, but there is a solution! Revive your strands with our revolutionary treatment today to get back the strength and shine you were used to in the past without any damaging side effects or time consuming processes.
Whether we want to admit it or not, our hair goes through a lot. From the natural ageing process, to stress and environmental damage, our strands are constantly being put under pressure. Despair not, successful hair restoration treatments are available today that will help bring back the much needed vitality and vibrancy with the least effort needed.
If you're looking for ways to keep up appearances without sacrificing the quality of life, our Revive & Thrive Hair Spritz has got you covered!